Cosmetic Tattoo Aftercare
It is very important to take care of your new cosmetic tattoo, here we teach you how do I heal my eyebrow tattoo.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING HEALING
I. Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will be darker and bolder in colour than after the healing is done. The tattoo can feel like a sunburn afterwards but there should be very little discomfort. Taking a Tylenol or Advil right after the procedure helps.
II. The tattoo will be very dark up to day 5 and then by day 7 they should start to flake a bit. DO NOT pick the scabs; this will pull the pigment off the area. Some people report no flaking; it just depends on the person. If the tattoo is tight and itchy, apply a small amount of light moisturizer.
III. Around day 10-14 you will think your tattoo fell out and did not work. This is not true, you just have to be patient, and see that by 4 weeks, when the skin regenerates, the colour will come back. This is a normal part of cosmetic tattoo aftercare. If there are any spots that are too light or maybe did not hold from oily skin, health conditions, or not following the aftercare directions, the second touch up is when we fill in the gaps and perfect.
V. The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the final colour of the tattoo is exposed and the touchup can be completed.
How do I heal my eyebrow tattoo or other cosmetic makeup tattoo
It is important to never touch your new tattoo without first washing your hands thoroughly – in general, keep hands off as much as possible.
- At the end of the day, or when instructed by the artist – remove the bandage or wrapping in a clean environment.
- Immediately wash the tattoo with a mild soap. Any unscented soap will do! If you don’t have a liquid soap, make sure not to put bar soap directly on the tattoo – lather in your hands, and use the underside of your fingers or your palm to wash the area.
- Do not scrub! Gently wash any lubricants off of the tattoo until the skin no longer feels greasy.
- Very gently pat your tattoo dry with a clean towel, or clean, disposable paper towel.
- Make sure you are sleeping on clean sheets and bedding – especially if you have pets!
Below you will see an area to message our staff about cosmetic tattoo aftercare. There you can upload reference pictures, describe your idea, and relay any other information about how do I heal my eyebrow tattoo
Book a consultation
You can also book a time to talk to Sarah via instagram video chat. These messages are forwarded to our very helpful counter staff and they will help you with any booking questions.