Cosmetic Tattoo Aftercare Guide
It is very important to take care of your new cosmetic tattoo.
following the steps below, you will keep you tattoos looking awesome
Aftercare for you new tattoo is crucial. Here we outline what you need to do to make sure your cosmetic tattoo heals properly.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING HEALING
I. Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will be darker and bolder in colour than after the healing is done. The tattoo can feel like a sunburn afterwards but there should be
II. The tattoo will be very dark up to day 5 and then by day
III. Around day 10-14 you will think your tattoo fell out and did not work. This is not true, you just have to be patient, and see that by 4 weeks, when the skin regenerates, the colour will come back. If there are any spots that are too light or maybe did not hold from oily skin, health conditions, or not following the aftercare directions, the second touch up is when we fill in the gaps and perfect.
V. The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the final colour of the tattoo is exposed and the touchup can be completed.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR COSMETIC TATTOO
It is important to never touch your new tattoo without first washing your hands thoroughly – in general, keep hands off as much as possible.
- At the end of the day, or when instructed by the artist – remove the bandage or wrapping in a clean environment.
- Immediately wash the tattoo with a mild soap. Any unscented soap will do! If you don’t have a liquid soap, make sure not to put bar soap directly on the tattoo – lather in your hands, and use the underside of your fingers or your palm to wash the area.
- Do not scrub! Gently wash any lubricants off of the tattoo until the skin no longer feels greasy.
- Very gently pat your tattoo dry with a clean towel, or clean, disposable paper towel.
- Make sure you are sleeping on clean sheets and bedding – especially if you have pets!
Send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Or give us a call at 604.676.3066